PMP® Exam Sample Question- Cancel Project due to regulation with Aileen Ellis
In this PMP® Exam Sample Question we look at what we should do if a new regulation is added that causes us to cancel the project. This sample question would be appropriate for those project managers working toward their PMP® certification as well as those project managers working toward their CAPM® certification.
As I read this question and the possible answers I ask myself:
- do I know what process I am in? Most likely based on the four possible answers this question is related to plan risk responses.
- Then I ask; is the question related to a threat or an opportunity? Based on the idea that I am going to cancel the project I assume the question relates to a threat.
- Are there any answers you an eliminate because the question relates to a threat and not an opportunity? I would eliminate answer (c) as EXPLOIT relates to opportunities only and not threats.
- For me the hard choice is between Mitigate and Avoid. Remember that Avoid is extreme mitigation.
A resource that may help you is: PMP® Exam Simplified Book page 202 (page number dependent on version of book you have purchased).
For a detailed explanation of the solution to this PMP sample question please see:
Are you struggling to prepare for your PMP Certification? If yes we have a program that may interest you. This program includes:
- access to Aileen PMP® Membership area with dozens of videos not found on youtube
- access to Aileen Online Database of PMP Sample Questions and Solutions including over 1,000 sample questions
- weekly live or “recorded” sessions with Aileen. During the live sessions see Aileen facilitate a topic for approximately 30 minutes and then have time to take questions from the members
If you would like Aileen to be your personal coach to help you obtain your PMP Credential please join: http://aileenellis.com/pmp-exam-online-self-study-program-with-aileen/