PMP® Exam Sample Question #004 on Control Risks with Aileen
In this PMP® Exam Sample Question we look at what we should do if a problem occurs and we do not have a plan in place to deal with this problem. This sample question would be appropriate for those project managers working toward their PMP® certification as well as those project managers working toward their CAPM® certification.
As I answer this question, as well as other PMP® Sample questions I have my PMBOK® Guide open to figure 3-1.
As we think about solving this problem I often ask myself a series of questions:
- do we know what process group from the PMBOK® Guide we are in or should be in to answer the question? The phrase “system testing” tells me most likely I am in the monitoring and controlling process group.
- do we know what knowledge area from the PMBOK® Guide we are in to answer the question? The phrase “system testing” tells me most likely I am in the quality knowledge area. The phrase “a problem I did not plan for” tells me I should go to risk.
- do we know the specific process from the PMBOK® Guide we are in or we should be in to address the question? Most likely I am in control quality and should move to control risks. In control risks I go to the output of change requests.
For a detailed explanation of the solution to this PMP sample question please see:
PMP® Certification Online Coaching from Aileen
Are you struggling to prepare for your PMP Certification? If yes we have a program that may interest you. This program includes:
- access to Aileen PMP® Membership area with dozens of videos not found on youtube
- access to Aileen Online Database of PMP Sample Questions and Solutions including over 1,000 sample questions
- weekly live or “recorded” sessions with Aileen. During the live sessions see Aileen facilitate a topic for approximately 30 minutes and then have time to take questions from the members
If you would like Aileen to be your personal coach to help you obtain your PMP Credential please join: http://aileenellis.com/pmp-exam-online-self-study-program-with-aileen/